One part crazy, one part awesome.

Finding Bugs in the Most Arduous Fashion Possible

We had a fairly nasty bug in Boxologic, where some test files would run, others would segfault, and yet others would get stuck in an infinite loop.  I thought that it had to be a transcription error from when I originally moved the code from PDF format into a real buildable file.  Turns out I was right, but I had to print off the appendix of the PDF that held the original source code and go through it line by line until I found it, ticking off each line of code as I went. And just my luck, it was one of the middle line in the last function of the program.  Oh well.  At least things are working the way they should now, and this opens up the way for more refactoring.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *